The route continues along Via Colla to reach the old town, one of the best preserved coastal villages.
Around the only coastal route developed two dense layers of houses, the first overlooking the beach, the second on the band of smallholdings, while a castle on the beach protected the village from the sea, from the rock of Crocetta, both now disappeared.
Now there is an underground passage connecting the upper area with the sea: renovated and opened in spring 2011, it houses a small gallery with works in ceramics by Marcello Mannuzza, Leony Mordeglia and Carlo Sipsz.
Continuing along Via Boagno we come to the Our Lady of Mercy charity home, which preserves a valuable collection of 35 Ligurian 18th-century majolica pharmaceutical vases that bear witness to the presence of ancient kilns in the surrounding area and the roots of the blue and white tradition. In this also the marriage of new and old works perfectly.
In this tradition, the chapel houses works in ceramics (the altar and the Way of the Cross) by Eliseo Salino, a sculptor and ceramist from Albisola (1919-1999), and a major figure in the story of the ceramics of Albisola.